Apr 08, 2016
A flavoursome and fresh dish, bound to impress!
- 1.3 – 1.5 kg eye fillet
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 tablespoons grape seed oil
- Sea salt
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli or green chilli, finely diced
- 3 radishes, finely sliced
- 100 g Asian salad leaves or rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Japanese Ponzu sauce
- Lime wedges to garnish
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Place the coriander seeds and peppercorns into a mortar and pestle and crush.
- Add rosemary, salt and oil and mix into a paste.
- Rub the paste all over the fillet.
- Either on a BBQ or very hot griddle pan, sear the meat on all sides. This can take between 5 – 10 minutes. It is ready when the outside is crisp and dark brown.
- Remove from the BBQ or griddle, cover with foil and let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Once the meat has rested, slice thinly.
- Place the leaves on a platter and lay the thin slices of beef on top.
- Sprinkle ginger, the finely cut chilli, radishes and coriander all over the beef making sure all the slices of beef have some on them.
- To serve, drizzle with Ponzu sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Garnish with lime wedges.